Last night, the nurse brought in an EKG maching for Jerry to monitor his heart and let's just say he was a little excited to be getting one: "Cool! I've never had one."
Today, Jerry has had to have what the doctor's call a series of "stress tests". Since the surgery will last approx. 7 hours, they need to make sure his heart and other organs are functioning well and will be able to withstand the "stress" of the surgery. He had one test this mornig and passed it with flying colors! They took him in early afternoon for the second part of the stress test, and he believes everything went well with that too.
Mom has been with him all morning and even brought him a supply of Diet Coke and chocolate donuts so he doesn't have to suffer thru the hospital food! He is very excited to get his tests done so he can eat - as of 12:30 pm he was STARVING!
The doctor says that after they have completed these tests and get the results, they will be able to tell further when they can perform the surgery. Right now, they are shooting for Friday (12/5) afternoon.
Currently, he is resting comfortably this evening, thanks in part to pain meds, and even managed to surf the internet a bit this afternoon. Mom and dad are both up there with him now.
The doctor had to perform a transplant today, so as of 5:00 pm CST there was no update as the doc was still in surgery with no indication of how long he might be. That's all for today.... as of now at least.....
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE YOU Uncle Jerry!! YOU are my hero and the light of my little life!! I know you will make it through this. I have been thinking about you and talking about you ALL DAY LONG ( just ask my mom J) . I can’t wait until I get to come and visit you!! And yes, there will be a pillow fight waiting just for you!!! I LOVE YOU- Xander xoxo
ReplyDeleteI remember my first on too, it was after my father had a heart attack and I went in to get a full battery of tests, they of course turned out okay. But the funny part was they first hooked me up then something happened and the machine did a flat line with a tone. I started laughing thinking of course that meant I was dead.
ReplyDeleteHey, Jerry. You'll do anything for a little bit of attention, won't you? You've gone slightly overboard this time, though! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm wondering what Sherri means when you said you've "never had one". Does she mean that you said you've never had an EKG? Or that you've never had a heart?
Ok, ok, just kidding. Anyway, I'm trying to laugh instead of cry. I love you, Jerry. I miss you, too. Please get better really, really soon. - Nanci -