Friday, December 5, 2008

A Trip Home

Today was a pretty good day... the final hours of the afternoon being the best of all for Jer.

After the surgeons and the doctors consulted each other this morning and went over the results of the upper chest scan, they did decide to postpone surgery until next week, in the meantime they are doing a biopsy of the lymphnodes in the chest tomorrow morning (Friday) and the pathology results for that should be available by Monday. We are stiill planning to run a PET scan, and a full body bone scan - with any luck we can get one or both of those done tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, if not which ever of the two scans is not completed Friday afternoon will be done Monday or Tuesday - its all about scheduling. So we should have results for all 3 test then by Monday, Tuesday at the latest - we're guessing at this point that surgery to remove the tumor in the liver will likely not take place until Wednesday at the earliest. The good news is Jerry did get to check out of the hospital today and other than for the remaining tests will hopefully not have to return until the surgery is scheduled and get to spend the weekend at home.

...Showers at home, no medicinal smell, no nurses/doctors poking and proding at all hours and of course: home cooked meals prepared by MaryFace..... (I think I heard the jubilent cry of Jerry when Tuna Patties appeared on the menu) ....ahhh... the life.

6 comments:

  1. Hey...I'm glad you get to go home for the weekend and see Miss L and hang out with your Mom's cooking! You know I'm thinking you about you and sending good vibes your way.
    Love ya lots and BIG HUUUUGGGSSSSS!
    Your Tnay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Jerry,

    It's Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Be sure to get your rest, but watch lots of comedy or other types of shows that make you smile. Big hug. You're a fighter. You will come through this with flying colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry,

    You hang in there sexy man!! Did you know I was back in Kansas City? I've been here for awhile now (actually came back because my sister had a return of her melanoma). Know that I am thinking about you and praying for you daily! I work for the Kansas City Repertory Theatre which means I can get you theatre tickets! You must get well soon!! Love you! Shellie Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, let me add to the stable of female well-wishers. When we spoke on the phone, I couldn't believe how up beat and positive you were. I'm sure with the help of Mom's tuna and your BEST gir (Lanie), your spirits will soar. Know I am sending positive Vida-Vibes your way.
    Love you!
    -V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerry,
    Here's a big.. "GET WELL SOON" and want you to know my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Lots of Love and a speedy recovery.

    Dave Navarro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello My Darling,

    Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you today as always. I'm so glad you get to go home for a while. Hospitals are the pits. Good to have them when ya need them though. I'll call you soon.

    Love you,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete