Friday, January 30, 2009

Kansas City Aids Walk 2009

As many of you know, Jerry was a firm supporter of the KC Aids Walk and had created a FANTASTIC team know as Jerryz Kidz which rose to one of the top fundraising teams the last few years.

After much discussion amongst all of us - and at the firm request of mom- we will be taking over the reigns for Jerry this year and still continue on with a Jerryz Kidz team this April.

If you are interested in participating with us this year, please leave a post here with the best way to reach you (email address, phone number, etc). When the time starts to begin planning and fundraising, we will reach out to each of you and will rally in mid-April for another year doing what Jerry held dear.

We hope to see many of you on Jerryz Kidz team this year!

~ Sherri

40 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this about the AIDS walk and Jerryz Kids. I know my family will be there to support the cause this year and many years to come. Any help or support needed is just a phone call away.

    Sherri Tomek
    sherri_ks@msn.com
    cell (913) 488-5718

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I, too, have travelled your road in the quiet moments. Many warm thoughts and prayers to you all. Your family has once again reminded us all about true love for a person as wonderful as Jerry.

    You have my support for Jerryz Kids.

    Marcia E. Kelley
    mekelley16@yahoo.com
    913-602-1339

    ReplyDelete
  3. Godspeed, Jerry! Watch over us all as you soar with the angels. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Cahill Family.

    Kevin Sehovski
    KSehovski@aol.com
    816-260-3455

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Godspeed Jerry. Love You

    We would like to be involved in Jerryz Kids
    Elizabeth & Kevin Lane
    lizbeth001@yahoo.com
    913-592-3543

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, Aisling and John Crowe would b honored to continue walking with you.

    john.d.crowe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jerry. . . .peace be with you on your journey to a better time and place. Hugs to all at Cahill Camp.

    Please contact me to continue supporting Jerryz Kids. . . cynthne@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been a part of this for the last five years and will be doing this again this year!! Count us in!!

    Tracy & Cliff Jefferson
    tracy.jefferson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be honored to support this in Jerry's honor.

    Misty Tomison
    Mtomison@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are in! We will need a little man t-shrit this year.

    amy@majorkrohn.com
    816.943.8275 hm
    816.679.0422 cell

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have our support for Jerryz Kids

    David & Mandy Ambs
    dave@ambs.net
    mandy@mirage.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're in - let me know what I can do to help coordinate. I have a friend who is on the organizing committee if we need insider information.

    Kate and Fred Leibsle
    kateleibsle67@gmail.com
    (913) 432-7547 home
    (913) 908-8778 cell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for keeping us updated with this blog. You are an amazing family. It is so easy to see why Jerry is such an awesome guy! Please include me in the walk this year. I would love to help.

    Brandi McLaughlin
    brandi.mclaughlin@gmail.com
    913-825-3733

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would be honored to be a part of Jerryz Kidz again this year.
    Peace to all of you.

    Mary Capehart
    marystouch@hotmail.com
    816.916.9923

    ReplyDelete
  15. Count me in to support in some way.

    Dawn Stark
    dawn_stark@juno.com
    770-598-6070

    ReplyDelete
  16. Count us in to walk for Jerry's favorite cause. The honor is ours.

    Scott and Stephanie Disher
    scott.disher@gmail.com
    whalechsr@hotmail.com
    913-963-9710
    913-963-9810

    ReplyDelete
  17. We will be there wearing our neon yellow shirts proudly! God Bless all of you!

    Love, The Kramer's

    gennakramer@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please include us.

    The Lenox Family
    jlenox@everestkc.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Count on ME! I would love to help out in setting up or just anything else that needs to be done. It's an honor to continue anything Jerry has had his hands and heart in! Thank you for all the updates and just being an amazing and wonderful family for our amazing and wonderful friend.

    lisa0428@gmail.com

    Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great way to honor Jerry's legacy! I would love to be included...probably not to walk, but definitely to donate! I've followed your blog, admired your strength and appreciated your love of your family. My prayers continue for peace for Jerry and his family.

    Bonnie McFarland (Trent's aunt)
    bmcfarland67@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jerry you might be gone by the time the walk rolls around but I know you will be there in spirit for the walk every year. You can count us in as always.

    Cliff and Tracy Jefferson
    jefferson.cliff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please count me in. I would be honored to continue this effort. If there is anything at all that I can do, please don't hesitate to ask.

    To the entire Cahill family: In these extremely difficult times I hope and pray that you are able to find peace in knowing that Jerry's wonderful and loving spirit will be going back HOME, to a beautiful place, where he will be waiting with open arms to continue his journey with you. We are all blessed to have been able to know and be touched by such a wonderful and inspiring person.

    With much love always,
    Danielle Wood
    daniw13@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. We appreciate all the time you have spent keeping up this blog. Our family has been checking every day for updates and are amazed at how often it has been updated. After all that you have been through we certainly do appreciate it. Jerry, you have constantly been on our minds and we are all saying prayers for you and your family today (as we have since we first found out). We know you are going to a better place where there will be no more suffering for you. In your honor we are all wearing your bracelets today - Who are matters... What you do counts... Thank you for everything Jerry and we will all miss you.

    We will definitely walk with Jerryz Kidz this year. Thank you for keeping this going!

    Pattie & Tony Hudnut
    tony.hudnut@gmail.com
    pattie.hudnut@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. My girls and I would love to participate and help in any way.

    Carrie, Cameron & Madison Lehew
    carrielehew@remax.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jerry I will be there for this every year it goes on in memory of you. Thanks for being you Jerry, I will miss you more than you know.

    tonyhaug@gmail.com
    816-210-2283

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Cahill family!!


    Keep us posted how we can help.

    Crys Brian Meghan and Nicholas
    brcrmeni@aol.com
    319.395.9277

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please count me in to help and participate in Jerryz Kids for the Aids Walk this year. I've sadly missed the last 2 years as I've been our of town - but it would be an honor to joing this group again.

    Shellie Sullivan
    sssulliv@yahoo.com
    cell 913-645-3455

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so glad to see the Jerryz Kidz team will carry on. Count me in.
    sallymander1979 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  29. We will be there. We will miss you Jerry. Praying for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Jerry would love his walk continues.
    Stephanie Dillon
    dillondesigns@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I will be there without a doubt and I will always be proud to walk in Jerry's name and for the cause that meant so much to him.

    Let me know what I can do to help.

    Heather Jonson
    Heather.Jonson@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. You will be greatly missed Jerry. I will hold my memories very close and dear to me of you. It will be an honor to continue Jerry's passion. sproulcakes@gmail.com
    Sarah Sproul-Swenson

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm there to walk.

    Trinda Crow
    m5121221@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Count me in.
    Maria Alvarado
    mariemi@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just let me know when & where to meet. I will keep the other nurses updated!!
    Jamie Ludwig
    jforster2@kumc.edu

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'll be happy to donate. My contact information is: bojibelle2000@yahoo.com or Ann Hess, 15540 250th Ave., Spirit Lake, Iowa, 51360.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Jerry truly was a great man. His legacy will live long after him. His parent and family must be proud of all he accomplished in such a short time... JB

    ReplyDelete
  38. Count me in.

    Anne Owen
    anohwhen@yahoo.com
    816.304.1692

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sherri, I am so sorry for your loss. I would love to contribute to Jerryz kids in your brothers memory. Please let me know what I can do : mfloyd@tangraminteriors.com, 310-692-5983

    Keeping you all in my prayers,
    Megan Floyd

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'll definitely do my best to be there!

    Paula Yancey
    paula@projectcontrol.com
    (210)601-3053

    ReplyDelete