As everyone may have figured out, things with Jerry are not progressing so great - they are stable, but not really progressing as well as we might like. He has definite good days and bad days, and lately more on the bad day side.
As of this morning, his white count is back to normal. His hemoglobin is great and they haven't had to give him blood in awhile. They are doing the bone marrow biopsy tomorrow, and may have to do a bone marrow tap as well.
Mom has thought that a group prayer might be a nice thing to do, so I'd like to ask everyone that happens to check the blog today, if you are so inclined to prayer or reflections - please say a quiet pray or thought tonight (Sunday) at 8:00 pm CST. Also, again on Monday morning at 10:00 am CST as that's about the time they will be doing the bone marrow pull on him.
Here is a prayer to the Patron Saint of Cancer, St. Peregrine:
Oh great Saint Peregine, you who have been called "The Mighty" and "The Wonder Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have have recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of these sick persons whom we entrust to you. Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.
Thank you to everyone and we'll continue to keep you posted.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will call everyone I know and tell them to tell everyone they know to pray tonight and tomorrow. The power of prayer is amazing!!! Love, Genna
ReplyDeleteDear Cahill Family,
ReplyDeleteI know we've never met but your son, brother, uncle, brother-in law and friend has had a HUGE impact on my life. I continue to pray daily for all of you and especially for my Jer. It just breaks my heart that he's not well.
I'll definitely pray your requested prayers. Jerry's on our school prayer list as well so know he's being lifted up by many, I'm sure all over the US!
I love you Jerry... keep fighting friend.
Love,
Dawn Stark
Dear Cahills and Jerry,
ReplyDeleteI keep wondering why all this is happening and knowing it is part of life's memos we don't get. But maybe it is Jerry's way of saying take care of each other, do what you need to do and don't take anything or anyone for granted. He always told me in my "Jerrapy" sessions, that "it is what is is." And while I never really liked when he said that because I had to put on my big girls panties and get over whatever the situation was at the time - he was right ( that will go to his head! ha!)
We must remember to take Jerry's lead, live by his example and cherish our time with the people and animals in our lives. Don't live in the gray. Yes I will pray. Yes I will hope. And yes I wish each of you the continued strength to help Jerry.
Stay strong and know that he is giving you those great hugs he gives - like only Jerry can give.
I love you Jerry and Cahills.
Trinda
I will be praying with you, for Jerry, and for the family of Cahills and friends.
ReplyDeleteI pray for miracles and abundance for you all.
Here is a prayer that my mom wanted me to post.
ReplyDeleteHeavenly Father, I call on you right now in a special way. It is through your power that Jerry was created. Every breath that he takes, every morning he wakes, and every moment of every hour, Jerry lives under your power. Father, we ask you now to touch Jerry with that same power. For if you created him from nothing, you can certainly recreate him. Fill him with the healing power of your spirit. Cast out anything that should not be in him and mend what is broken. Root out any unproductive cells. Open any blocked arteries or veins and rebuild any damaged areas. Remove all inflammation and cleanse any infection.Let the warmth of your healing love pass through Jerry's body to make new any unhealthy areas so that his body will function the way you created it to function. And Father restore Jerry to full health in mind and body so that he may serve you the rest of his life. We asked this through Christ our Lord Amen.
With all of our love, Genna, Mike and Maria and Jim and Marisa Coblentz
Dear Lord, through Your divine power, grant a miracle in the life of Jerry. I ask this in the name of Your precious son, Jesus. Amen+
ReplyDeleteJerry and the Cahill family continue to be lifted up in prayer. I pray that our loving Lord gives each and everyone of you what you need at any given moment. Trust that He will provide and take care of all of you. God's blessings to all of you. Psalm 121: 1-2 "I lift up my eyes to the hills -- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth." Vickie Weuve, Cedar Rapids, IA
ReplyDelete