Well Monday did not turn out like any of us anticipated AT ALL.
The did not do the bone marrow tap/biopsy on Jerry today due to several factors. The doctors did not come in until early afternoon.. and not for anything that we expected.
After a pow-wow with over ten doctors, they decided that Jerry's billiribin is too high and that at this point, they have no way of bringing it down to an acceptable level. Becuase they can not bring that number down, they can not do chemotherapy any longer, also, due to the amount of medication that Jerry is on, they do not see any other recourse they could do to help him get better.
To say it bluntly: they can not do anything further to help Jerry recover from this disasterous disease. The Cancer appears to be the victor in this bout as the Doctors do not have anything else to treat him with.
In light of this new information and after much discussion with the doctors and amongst family, it looks like we have decided to take him off the respirators on Friday, January 30th and let Jerry take it from there. According to the doctors, that could mean minutes, hours, days or weeks.. the decision will be up to Jerry from that moment on.
The disease may be the victor, but our love for Jerry will always win - no matter how the tides turn, no matter if the moon doth shine - come what may, love will always win.
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jerry, Cahill family and friends,
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about this latest news. I know you all are heartbroken. I am asking for an army of angels to protect each and every one of you in this very difficult time.
I must ask one question: Why did you choose January 30?
Continued prayers.
God be with you all. Hopefully it will be peaceful and painless. He touched my life albeit briefly and he certainly made a different and made me laugh and smile. God bless you Jerry.
ReplyDeleteTamara Kingston
Jerry and the Cahill family,
ReplyDeleteThis is not the news any of us hoped for. I continue to pray for you all. He will be sorely missed. I can't imagine the world without him on it. He will live on within my heart. I'll love you forever Jer.
Ann
I am so sorry to hear this news. I worked with Jerry 25 years ago, at TGIF in Ft Lauderdale.
ReplyDeleteWhat a guy. We all loved him.
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Take comfort, and lean on one another.
God Bless all of you.
There's a hole in my heart. Jerry and the Cahill family have claimed it with their love and kindness. Thank you for sharing at this most intimate family time. My heart and everyone Jerry touched is better for loving him.
ReplyDelete-Vida
Our prayers to out to Jerry and the Cahill family. Jerry is an amazing man no matter how long we are blessed to know him, we are grateful for the time. Our hearts go out to you all.
ReplyDeleteDear Jerry,
ReplyDeleteThere are reasons people come into your life. I'm proud and honored to call you friend.
I love you.
Your Tnaynay
(Trinda)
Jerry -
ReplyDeleteI love you.
Jerry's Family -
My prayers are with you.
Dear Jerry,
ReplyDeleteI am so sad today. You are one of the best people I've ever been privileged to know and call my friend.
I love you,
Kate
Cahills,
ReplyDeleteYou guys have made such a difficult and selfless decision. Knowing what you know about the inevitable outcome of the cancer, you have chosen to let his body ultimately decide how long he wants to fight. I admire you guys so much. Your love for Jerry and dedication to him honestly puts me in awe. I pray for peace for his sweet soul and God's loving arms to surround all of you.
Tanya, Trent, Xander, and Toryn: you guys have been on our minds constantly since this battle began. We love you all very much and pray for healing for Jerry and comfort for you everyday. How ever long his tired body fights, we will continue that prayer. Our thoughts, but mostly our HEARTS are with you and break for you at this latest news.
All of our love to our dear dear friends and your entire family,
Jeff, Brandie, Colton, and Ava
Dear Cahill family,
ReplyDeleteMy heart is breaking as I'm sure all of yours are, as well. Jerry has been a light to so many. I am praying for a peaceful passing from this earthly life. Please let him know I expect him to be my guardian angel from heaven. I love Jerry very much and will miss his friendship dearly.
Please know that your family will be in my prayers with the difficult days ahead.
Love,
Dawn Stark
Dear Jerry,
ReplyDeleteYesterday, thinking of you and inspired by you, I donated blood, so together we saved 3 people's lives. That's something.
I haven't known you very long but I'll never forget you. Thank you for touching my life.
Love, Beth
(from a distant Cellnet outpost near San Francisco)
Sherri-
Thank you so much for doing this blog so we can all stay in touch with Jerry. It's a difficult time (that doesn't begin to describe it, I know) but also unique and very precious.
Beth
Jerry, Cindy and family,
ReplyDeleteAnyone who knows you knows how important family is to each and every one of you. Jerry has always been there for his family and now his family has been there every step of the way in his time of need. We will continue to pray for healing mercies for Jerry and strength for all of you. You will have more difficult days ahead but know that we are thinking of you often.
Jerry - I pray for peace and comfort for you. If your earthly body has to give up for that to happen we will all feel a great loss. As our faith teaches us life is eternal, so if you have to leave us I will find comfort the next time I hear a bell ring that God's newest angel got his wings. Love you Jerry, until we meet again.
Love,
Ginger, Tom, Amanda, Brandon, Cameron and Dustin.
Jerry I don't really know what to say. I didn't really know you much until you became our supervisor and it was the best thing that could've happened. I was able to get to know you and see you for the loving, caring person you are. You gave me advice that actually made sense and it brings a knot to my throat just thinking about what you must be going through. You have been in my thoughts daily and I pray for you every night. Thank you for being there when it felt like no one else was.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry that the horrible roller coaster that you all have been on has to end like this; life just doesn't seem fair sometimes. Tracy, you are my best friend and my heart is breaking that you are having to feel this horrible pain I know that pain and I know that there is nothing that I can do for you right now to make it better and I am so sorry for that. Tracy thank you for bringing Jerry into my life. When I met Jerry for the first time I was still morning the loss of my brother and I remember falling in love with him that first night we stayed at his house the way he made me laugh and he was so welcoming I felt like I had known him my whole life. Jerry hugged me so tight like Tony used to and in some way I felt this bond with Jerry that I will never forget. He is a wonderful man, someone you will be proud of for the rest of your life. There is a bond between a brother and sister that not even the distance between heaven and earth could ever diminish. He will always be with you. I love you my friend and I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteLove you always,
Genna
Jerry, this is your past friend Linda from when I worked at Cellnet....I have always loved and admired you and you were the best friend anyone could have ever had...Life was always positive for you and you always made me feel loved and liked...I hope these days will find you remembering all of the great friends and family you have! I have been keeping track of you via this website, staying out of the way of your current friends and family. THe picture they have posted of you makes me smile and remember how handsome you are and i can see the love and friendship pouring from your face which helps me remember your great friendship. I really do miss having you around everyday in my work life! I will keep praying for you that you are happy and peaceful as I know you deserve to be....love Linda Quick!
ReplyDelete