Friday, January 16, 2009

What day is it? Can't recall.. but things are progressing...

Today has been a fairly good for Jerry. He's been very alert and responsive to everyone all day today. He really notices who is in the room and follows what you say and do.

His blood pressure is up now, but they are still medicating him for it (haven't given him any MORE of the BP meds, but are still maintaining the level they have him on). This afternoon was a banner afternoon for Jer - they started to pull fluids from him! We are all very excited in this small, but important step for him. He is using the ventilator less and less these days- not even using it for breathing as he is handling that on his own. He is (for the most part) on the ventilator for "pressure support" for his lungs and they have lowered that to 5/5 (he was at 15/5). His color remains good and the rest of his vitals are nice and strong.

Our nurse this evening is lovely (said dripping with sarcasm). She has a very strong Island accent and does not really speak to you unless spoken to, and even then, answers you with as little informaiton as she has to. She is not our favorite nurse here by far....

5 comments:

  1. The Pilcher/Mennenoh clan is very glad to hear of the improvements Jerry is having daily. The power of prayer is AWESOME!!! We will keep praying for God's healing mercy upon Jerry and strength for Jerry and the entire family. Thanks for the continued updates.

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this news (except for the nurse) really sounds positive. Keep up the good work Jerry! We are cheering you on!
    -Vida

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jerry. Keep fighting this thing. You are an inspiration to us all. I am keeping you in my prayers everyday. Thank you Sherri for the updates. Much appreciated. God Bless.

    ~Brad Strathman (Colorado Springs)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jer,
    Keep fighting hard. I'm so glad to hear you're progressing forward. I'm praying every day for what God has in store for you.

    You're a pistol and we don't expect any less. I love you Jerry and I hope your family continues to relay this message since I can't be there in person. I hope you know how grateful I am for our time together over the past 3 years, especially seeing you in person recently in Atlanta. Keep fighting.

    Love you.
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete