Thank you to all of you that have offered to donate blood for Jerry in case it's needed. As he is A Positive - those that are also A Positive as well as O Positive (Universal Donors) can give blood for Jer.
We are in the process of setting this up with the Community Blood Bank so that you can go in and Direct Donate for him. It should be all set up by later this afternoon/end of day for anyone to donate after today.
Here is information on local Kansas City Community Blood Banks:
Website information: www.safealilfenow.org
Location/hours information: http://www.savealifenow.org/services/hours-locations.php
For those of you that haven't given blood before, you will have to present a photo id and they will do a small physical on you to ensure you are healthy enough to give blood. Once you pass that, they will hook you up and the process should take about one hour.
When you arrive, please let them know that you are there to be a Direct Donor. Those of you that have commented on the blog that you will donate - your names will be on the list. For those of you that haven't and want to donate, please let me know so that I can add you to the list as well. It's my understanding they will not accept unless they have your name on the list(due to "patient/family wishes and only accepting those that they know I guess). I am trying to verify all this information this morning.
Thank you for all your precious time and blood! Let's hope we won't end up needing it and that the Blood Bank can use it instead!!
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am O positive and would love to be a direct donate. I will be out of town until Monday for National Guard but I will come right in on Monday!
ReplyDeletePlease put my name on the list.
Lisa Cook
All of my army buddies are praying for Jerry and family too!That's a whole Battalion!
xxxxxxxxxooooooooo
Love
Lisa Jeff Chloe and Scarlett
Hi Sherri,
ReplyDeleteI would also like to be added to the direct donate list. I'm A positive. Thank you.
Hi Sherri,
ReplyDeleteMy fiancee is O+ please put her on the list. Her name is Heather Duncan.
I'd love to donate. I'm A+. It would be an honor to give blood for Jerry. I just lost my sister in October to melanoma - and there was nothing I could do. I'll read over the info this weekend to figure out a time I can go. I have a Red Cross Blood Card from when I gave in St. Louis. My name is Shellie Sullivan and I moved back here to be with my sister in the Spring. Jerry and I worked together at Cellnet. I, as well as everyone else, LOVE Jerry. Thanks for this opportunity!
ReplyDeleteHello! A good friend of mine from the animal rescue world lives in Kansas City and has a blood type of O+. Her name is Tori Goessling and she would like to be put on the list for direct donations for Jerry.
ReplyDeleteHope all is still peaceful and Jerry is having the best dreams of all wonderful things!
Cheers and many virtual milkbones to Lainey as well! If you need any help there, please let me know.
Love,
Cynthia
A prayer for Jerry:
ReplyDeleteDear Lord, divine physician, I ask Your miraculous healing and protection for this beloved man. Strengthen him in mind, body and spirit, and let the love expressed by family and friends manifest in Jerry the will to survive this disease. I ask this in the name of Your precious Son, Jesus. Amen+
Apologies for not asking sooner, but is there a way to donate blood in other towns (Atlanta, GA and Memphis, TN) and somehow have the credit sent to Jerry's behalf?
ReplyDeleteI looked at the savealifenow.com site but didn't see a place to send inquires. My friend in Atlanta (Jamie Broadhurst) has access to the Red Cross and my town uses LifeBlood .
If so. . . . . we'd be happy to help 'remotely'. :)
Cynthia Norquest-Eck
I'm planning on heading over to give blood this week. Not sure if you got me on the list or not - but I wanted to be sure you had my phone # since I'm the same blood type as Jerry. I know that people don't have to be the same blood type - but if anything comes up in the future where you need someone with A+ blood, I wanted you to be able to reach me. Shellie Sullivan, 913-645-3455. I'm continuing to pray for Jerry and all of you. . .
ReplyDelete