Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What is up with all this?

Well, this week has already been an interesting week and we aren't even half-way thru it (ok, we are JUST half-way thru it).

Jerry is back in the hospital (at KU Med) as of yesterday afternoon. Not sure how long he will remain there this go around.

He went in yesterday morning for his 3rd biopsy, however, they determined that he was too dehydrated to perform the procedure. They admitted him to the hospital and immediately put him on fluids. He spent the evening there, and remains there as of Wednesday night for an undetermined period.

Today, he was up and around (but apparently, had a bad night). They were able to perform the biopsy though (THANK GOODNESS! sometihng is moving forward at last) as well as run a test on his throat. He has been very hoarse the past few days as well as complaing about sores in his mouth, so they wanted to check that out. They also ran an additional ultrasound on his liver and such just to check things out.

We are hoping we will still be able to get the results back from this biopsy by Friday to help determine what the heck is actually going on. They are all stumped and this waiting is brutal as he can't begin any type of treatment protocol until they determine what they are dealing with, as well as Jerry's strength needs to be up for the procedures (which at this point today, they are not).

Not much more to tell really.. he is pretty weak, but now that he's in hospital, they will keep him hydrated and get some food into his system to help build his strength back up. Mom and Dad are with him in KC and keeping everyone updated as well as keeping Jerry company.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jerry
    Looking forward to seeing you again. Had a great time with sisters Cinder and Sherri on New Years Day night. It was just like old times except Sherri is of age and Cindy & I did not "walk" or as your Dad, Kenny, would say "crawl" up the stairway at your parents home. In a nut shell a good time was had by all especially the girl (as I use the term loosely) dancing on the stage or near the wall & other places. Use your own imagination she certainly was.. I seemed to have gotten off track......
    Love to you, my friend, your parents, and family and of course your dog Lanie - hope she is enjoying the boxes/packages of dog biscuts/treats. Hope the kids and I picked out her favorites. I will send her another care package.
    Thinking of you always!!!!
    Hugs Hugs Hugs and more Hugs!!
    Pookey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerry hang in there. I am praying for you

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Handsome,
    Called you yesterday on your cell. Now I know why you didn't pick up. As fate would have it, was in communication with John Crowe about his father who I used to work with. Had no idea you two were buddies. So, if your ears were burning, it's not the cancer, it's that John and Vida were talking about you!
    I hope they figure out what's going on where with you and can treat accordingly. Just know you are thought about a million times a day. and loved by many...especially me!
    XXX,
    -Vida

    ReplyDelete