Today was the final bout of tests (as of now, and hopefully no more).
Jerry went in for his biopsy this morning at the crack of light and was in there for about 2 hours. They can't say much about how they think it went - you know Doctors and their vague ways, but we should have some results back by Monday..Tuesday at the latest.
For now, Jerry is at home resting and catching up on sleep. Reports from mom and dad say he's in good spirits and just extremely tired. He'll be home until they decide on surgery next week.
More later if anything changes.
Friday, December 5, 2008
A Trip Home
Today was a pretty good day... the final hours of the afternoon being the best of all for Jer.
After the surgeons and the doctors consulted each other this morning and went over the results of the upper chest scan, they did decide to postpone surgery until next week, in the meantime they are doing a biopsy of the lymphnodes in the chest tomorrow morning (Friday) and the pathology results for that should be available by Monday. We are stiill planning to run a PET scan, and a full body bone scan - with any luck we can get one or both of those done tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, if not which ever of the two scans is not completed Friday afternoon will be done Monday or Tuesday - its all about scheduling. So we should have results for all 3 test then by Monday, Tuesday at the latest - we're guessing at this point that surgery to remove the tumor in the liver will likely not take place until Wednesday at the earliest. The good news is Jerry did get to check out of the hospital today and other than for the remaining tests will hopefully not have to return until the surgery is scheduled and get to spend the weekend at home.
...Showers at home, no medicinal smell, no nurses/doctors poking and proding at all hours and of course: home cooked meals prepared by MaryFace..... (I think I heard the jubilent cry of Jerry when Tuna Patties appeared on the menu) ....ahhh... the life.
After the surgeons and the doctors consulted each other this morning and went over the results of the upper chest scan, they did decide to postpone surgery until next week, in the meantime they are doing a biopsy of the lymphnodes in the chest tomorrow morning (Friday) and the pathology results for that should be available by Monday. We are stiill planning to run a PET scan, and a full body bone scan - with any luck we can get one or both of those done tomorrow (Friday) afternoon, if not which ever of the two scans is not completed Friday afternoon will be done Monday or Tuesday - its all about scheduling. So we should have results for all 3 test then by Monday, Tuesday at the latest - we're guessing at this point that surgery to remove the tumor in the liver will likely not take place until Wednesday at the earliest. The good news is Jerry did get to check out of the hospital today and other than for the remaining tests will hopefully not have to return until the surgery is scheduled and get to spend the weekend at home.
...Showers at home, no medicinal smell, no nurses/doctors poking and proding at all hours and of course: home cooked meals prepared by MaryFace..... (I think I heard the jubilent cry of Jerry when Tuna Patties appeared on the menu) ....ahhh... the life.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)