Monday, January 26, 2009

The Cruel Hand of Fate

Well Monday did not turn out like any of us anticipated AT ALL.

The did not do the bone marrow tap/biopsy on Jerry today due to several factors. The doctors did not come in until early afternoon.. and not for anything that we expected.

After a pow-wow with over ten doctors, they decided that Jerry's billiribin is too high and that at this point, they have no way of bringing it down to an acceptable level. Becuase they can not bring that number down, they can not do chemotherapy any longer, also, due to the amount of medication that Jerry is on, they do not see any other recourse they could do to help him get better.

To say it bluntly: they can not do anything further to help Jerry recover from this disasterous disease. The Cancer appears to be the victor in this bout as the Doctors do not have anything else to treat him with.

In light of this new information and after much discussion with the doctors and amongst family, it looks like we have decided to take him off the respirators on Friday, January 30th and let Jerry take it from there. According to the doctors, that could mean minutes, hours, days or weeks.. the decision will be up to Jerry from that moment on.

The disease may be the victor, but our love for Jerry will always win - no matter how the tides turn, no matter if the moon doth shine - come what may, love will always win.