Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Blood Donors

To all of those that have wanted to donate blood directly for Jerry but were never able to. Jerry hasn't had to have blood in several days, and most likely will not need any more.

I would still like to encourage all of you (whether you are A Positive or not) to donate blood. One person donating blood can save 3 people's lives. Your blood will never go to waste - no matter where in the country you are located!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Sherri

6 comments:

  1. More Hugs and Love than ever. ..and always!
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend,

    As I pray for a miracle for selfish reasons of not wanting to let you go, I pray for peace for you and your family more so. You are a true blessing and held close in my heart. To think of you helping to influence our son and the time you have already spent is irreplaceable by another. Your love for life, change, and love is remarkable. Your influence on others is unforgettable. I pray you continue to rest well. You are an example to all who have the pleasure to know you. I love you. Hugs and kisses from Karina, myself, and Ayden!

    O Lord, Jesus Christ, Divine Healer, grant me peace of mind and perfect trust in You in my time of distress. Give me control over my fears. Grant that I may be cooperative and patient with Your Will, trusting that You will restore me to full health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerry:

    Although I have only known you for a short time it is clear that you have touched the hearts of many and now you have touched mine. I pray that you have a peaceful passing. My deepest sympathy.

    Christopher Zien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerry
    For vey selfish reasons I am finding it devastating to let you go. But I know it is not fair to you to continue not feeling well.
    May things the next few days be peaceful for you and may we all find strength to face our lives without your hugs, your smile and your humor. You are in the memory of my heart.

    God is getting an amazing angel.
    Until we meet again....
    Trinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerry,

    My Dear Friend,

    I just learned last evening about you & these past two months from Trinda (I will deal with her later!) I am so sorry to not have been to visit with you, post you witty comments, or to have been of support to your loving family.

    The outpouring of love speaks volumes to the unique and giving "gentle" man that you are. Please know the impact you have had on so many lifes. It is quite a legacy, indeed.

    I will treasure the memories we have shared while I pray for you and that miracle we are all hoping for. (and by the way, I just witnessed a miracle at KUMed, my friend is proof of such.)

    I will also pray for and hold your precious family & friends in my thoughts. I am grateful to Sherri for this site and recognize how difficult it has been to update all of us during the most private of moments, writing through the tears and the laughter. A round of hugs for your sweet and caring circle of family---their expressions of love is truly inspiring!

    Until we meet again, Jerry, I will think of you as my formidable debater and, with great love...

    With love and hope,
    Diana Ewy Sharp
    Prairie Village

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jerry,

    I've only known you a short time and we traded a few comments "over the wall" at L&G, but I always noticed you always took time to listen, you always had a witty comeback comment, and you always had an incredible smile. You're a very easy person to get to know and by all the comments by the MANY people who have known you over the years, you're down-to-earth disposition and incredible love of your family has raised the bar for all who have known you.

    Family and friends, take comfort in the fact that only very special people touch so many with words, smiles, and gestures. You have a wonderful treasure in Jerry.

    ReplyDelete