This morning the doctors have come in and things are about the same as they were yesterday. They ran an X-ray this morning to check out his lungs, they are also going to run a few additional tests: a CT scan.
They have connected Jerry back to a feeding tube as well.
Because of the fluid in his lungs, they will be connecting him to a breathing tube in order to run a few additional tests on him today. If Jerry is responding to the treatments/tests today, and how the results come back, they may keep him on the breathing machine.
He is resting most of the time now, and we are trying to limit visits with him to 10 min or so in order to not tire him out. there has been an outpouring of love and support for Jerry and our family and we truly appreciate it, more than everyone knows.
We still remain in our Camp Jerry waiting room in the hospital, so please check in with us when you get here, so we don't have too many visitors in his room at once.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sherri,
ReplyDeleteHow are you and the family holding up? Does anyone need anything?
Many prayers.
Sherri,
ReplyDeleteI stopped by to offer to bring up dinner this evening. Just let me know for how many and if there are any food allergies. Maybe a suggestion on what would work. Also, Karina and I live right down the street and have offered to help with Lanie. Please let me know when we may be welcome for a visit, otherwise, we will keep sending healing energy and love for Jerry.
Amy, Karina, & Ayden
Just wanted to let you (Sherri) and your mom know that I wish I could be there. If you need anything, please let me know. Oh and the rest of the family of course. Give Jerry love for me please.
ReplyDeleteBig Barry
Sherri,
ReplyDeleteHaving been where you are recently my heart aches for you and your family. My thoughts are there with you and if you need anything let me know.
Heather
I know I speak for all of us in Jerry's family that have been by his side and those that still remain there, when I say Thank You for all of the heartfelt wishes and prayers...We all always knew what an AMAZIING person we have in Jer, It's great to know so many others were able to see it and be blessed with his love as well. On a personal note, reading all of your comments every day has done much to lift my spirits. Thanks again and God bless!
ReplyDeleteJerry, After catching up on the blog today, my heart aches at being behind in your status. Caught up in my own world, I feel I have failed my friend when needed most. I was thinking of you often and just assumed you were recovering as you should and would call when you were ready to see us. As you know, I love you and think the world of you. I could not think of a better man to be an example for our son. Your love, kindness, laughter, and heart are unlike anyone I have ever met. As always, my love is with you. Ayden sends big hugs and smiles your way. You should see him...he is jumping in his bouncer, sitting by himself now (often falling over), and stands while you holds his hands. This is not what we planned. You are suppose to teach him all the man things we can't. I miss you dear friend. Rest well my sweetness.
ReplyDelete