Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Vant To Suck Your Blood...

The doctor has told us that it's a good possibilty that Jerry may need some blood transfusions in the next few days/weeks depending on how his treatments go.

I am told with the Chemo in his system that it's a good possibility that he will need to have transfusions to replenish the lost blood in his system. It doesn't look like they will need to transfuse platelets or plasma at this point.

If anyone would like to donate blood, i would encourage it. Jerry is a type A Positive...but anyone can donate regardless of your blood type - the blood banks can always use all types of blood. One person donating blood can save 3 people's lives (yes, I pulled out the factoids there).

You can go to any local blood bank to donate. Donation time is usally approximately 1 hour (max).

Thank you in advance for considering this option. Jerry and the Blood Banks thank you.

7 comments:

  1. Sherri,
    I'm A positive. What do I need to do to give some blood for Jerry?

    Kate Leibsle
    (913) 432-7547

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm A positive. Where do I go?

    Amy Krohn
    816.679.0422

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello My Darling,

    You had a bunch of us pretty scared. I'm so glad you're feeling some better. You can wait as long as you want to play with Elliott.

    Scott, what a beautiful writing. Truely, I could envision the goings on in the hospital room. I'm so pleased you can be there with the rest of the Cahills. Being an honorary Cahill is almost as good as the real thing.

    Sherri, thank you again for all the up-dates.

    Who's pregnant? We need to know these things.

    Mar - give my bud a smooch for me please.

    I Love You, Jer,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am O Positive and I am pretty sure I am a match for A+ if they don't need it to be an exclusive match. Send me an email if that will work for Jerry and tell me when and where.

    John Crowe
    john.d.crowe@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am O+ as well and if it's a match for A+ I'd LOVE to give some blood! Please send me an email or call if I can help.

    Danielle Wood
    daniw13@hotmail.com
    (785) 979-9525
    (913) 208-5453

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sherri,
    It's Marie. Tish has been keeping me updated and I've been following the blog and praying like mad for you and the entire Cahill family. I cannot give blood right now but if there is anything else I can do, please let me know. Love you and thinking about you a lot. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Sherri,

    I'm A pos as well. Please post where to give.

    Give Jerry and family a hug. Prayers are powerful.

    Marcia

    ReplyDelete