Well, Trent and I tried to post this as a comment for him, but after about 15 minutes of not getting it to work, we are posting it here....
There are a lot of things in this world that you sometimes take for granted and my 2nd family was probably one of them. After being down here for the last week it put back into perspective how blessed I am to be part of the Cahills. Even though you have to be somewhat crazy to fit in most of u know that's usually not too hard for me either. Scott did an awesome job of painting the perfect picture of what is going on down here and it is something we will all be able to look back and smile considering the circumstances. The girls have been strong and there for each other like never before (if u know them u know what I mean). Tanya and Tracy are at home with their kids this morning trying to re program them after Kev and I have been doing what we can to keep life normal. By normal we r talking about pizza for breakfast the first 3 days followed up by birthday cake and ice cream the next day and yesterday it was left over chocolate sundaes from McDonalds that Tanya and Xander shared in the car in front of the hospital for their time together for his b-day. So as you can see I think they’re really enjoying dad’s way of normal. We don't know where this journey will lead us but everyone is onboard the new ride at Disney the "Jerry Cahill" roller coaster it will scare the shit out of u. To all of our friends and family all over the place thank u you have made a bad situation bearable. And to gramma margie "Thank u" for leaving your life behind and being a nanny, doctor, nurse, counselor, cook, maid, party planner, and a rock when nobody else knew where to turn you gave the advice u thought was right and it always was whether it was accepted at first or not. I almost forgot the whole reason why I sat down and started babbling Tanya and I have our hands full with the 2 little spirited rascals that keep us smiling and hard to imagine but sometimes trying to win arguments that u know we can't win. Tracy and Kev are the ones that deserve the congrats so we can stop the rumors before they start. Thanks for everything.
Trent
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Trent,
ReplyDeleteXander and my son, Gavin, are in the same class at preschool...and I am a Chick-lit as well. I would love to send some flowers to "eliminate the disinfectant smell" :o) but I don't know what hospital Jerry is at, etc. I'd appreciate any help. Take care and please tell Tanya hello. We are praying for you all.
Yvonne Koch
Trent -
ReplyDeleteThis was very well said, but should come with some sort of warning.. I wasn't prepared to tear up. You are correct in saying that you have been blessed with a very special second family. Knowing the Cahill family for the last 20+ years has been wonderful and they have all become like a second family for me as well. In fact, I probably spent more time at the Cahill house in high school than I did my own! They are a very special group and I have yet to meet a family quite like them.
Tanya (the self proclaimed "crazy" sister) has been one of my best friends in life and I love her dearly. Regardless of what happens, she will need you to be her rock and I know that you will be there for her. Please take care of my girl and let me know what I can do to make this situation just a little easier on everyone.
I love you all and I will continue to pray that our miracle will prevail.
Heather Jonson
Trent, and the entire Cahill Family~
ReplyDeleteBecause of Trent and Tanya's wedding we got to meet and enjoy the company of Jerry. Since that night in Cedar Rapids we have said we wanted to get our families together again. Sadly that will not happen with Jerry in body, but someday we will be together and I am sure Jerry will be there in spirit, enjoying a cocktail, dancing it up with the rest of us. I too teared up reading your post Trent. Margie has always been the rock, and you have learned from the best in her. Hope to see you all at Hotel Vitro on the 21. Until then, warmest hugs to all. Linda Fobian Kenny, Dustin, Kelsi and ANdy and Courtney Eckrich