Our sister Tanya has a prayer group back in Tiffin, IA that has been praying for Jerry and sending good thoughts and energy his way. They have discovered a priest that will say special prayers for people in need and he has had good success.
So, Padre Pio has come into our world.
If you are praying or speaking to whomever you speak to in your private moments, throw a special prayer, request or shout out to Padre Pio to watch over Jerry and help him thru everything that is going on right now.
The power of prayer can be amazing.... both spiritually and emotionally.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My parish in Chicago, St. John Cantius, has a very active Padre Pio Prayer Group. I've sent them a special, urgent email asking for their intercessory prayers. I'll stop by tomorrow morning when I'm back in Chicago and ask for them to pray for Jerry during their monthly meeting and Mass this Saturday.
ReplyDeleteIt's a very active and devoted prayer group -- one of the most prominent in a big parish -- so I found it very interesting that Padre Pio has come up in the context of Jerry's treatment. There are no coincidences, are there?
Here's some information on the Padre Pio group at St. John Cantius Parish: http://www.cantius.org/go/organizations/category/padre_pio_prayer_group/
Charley Thomson